Saturday, July 28, 2007
Dear Nina Tassler,
I am a Jericho Ranger. You listened to our voices when Jericho was canceled even when people believed the ratings weren't there. You took a chance and gave us our show back. Now you have a highly rated show that is going down the drain and you can prevent it before that happens.
What has happened to The Young and The Restless? I have watched this show since its debut but I gave it up last week. It is a sad day that it has come to this. No, I'm not a Nielsen family so my viewing doesn't count anyway but I'm not alone in my feelings about the recent decline of this show. What's wrong?
1. Where are the characters we love? Some aren't seen for weeks and some get a storyline then are left hanging with no conclusion.
2. Where is the talent? Eileen Davidson, Victoria Rowell, Gary Shackelford, and Adrianne Leon? That was the last straw when Adrianne was fired. I will not watch without her.
3. This should be the # 1 reason actually. The Y&R has changed its' name. Yes, we are being forced to watch the clone called The Amber Show. This creature is on almost, if not every, day. Have you read the message boards? Nobody wants to see her all the time. The actress is fine but a little goes a long way. Her storyline is a big bore.
4. Why are the older stars being pushed out by Amber, Cane, Lily, Daniel, Devon? The older stars are pushed aside for new characters like Logan and the others.
5. There is no more sense of family. Abbots, Newmans--it's all these new people. Where's Miguel?
6. Finally, I'm sick of the mysteriously appearing and disappearing storylines. We saw Jill and Ji Min a few times then, suddenly, they're talking about marriage?? What happened to romance and a build-up? How about Kevin and the box Tom left him? Nobody will care what's in the box by the time we find out-if we ever do.
I could go on and on but you see what I mean. When the ratings hit bottom I fear it will be too late to correct all the damage that has been done here.
Please bring Adrianne Leon back. Nobody can ever be Colleen but her.
Please watch this and tell me you didn't lose a major star!
Y&R fans-- are you with me? Do you want our show back or do you prefer The Amber Show? Let CBS know how you feel. Write, email, call.
Oh, and please sign this petition to bring back AL. Thank you.
Ms. Nina Tassler, President ( Barbara Bloom's boss)
7800 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039-2112
Barbara Bloom was named Senior Vice President, Daytime, CBS Entertainment, in January 2003. She reports to Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment.
In her position, Bloom oversees CBS's top-rated daytime lineup which includes the dramas THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.
7800 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039-2112
Thank you all.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Radio Free Jericho representatives:
The JerichoRallyPoint representatives have been chosen.
Representatives for NutsForJericho are:
Reps from IMDb will be (may be adjustments):
The job of the representatives will be to gather ideas from the members of the CBS board and relay them to the "Coalition of the Willing" Fan Club site. There the ideas will be discussed by the reps from all the different forums. This way everyone gets a say in what YOU want you fan club to be like. Everyone will have a voice.
Please let us hear yours.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Dear Jericho Fans:
I have some good news to share, which is due in large part to your aggressive and effective outreach on behalf of “Jericho.”
Although the ratings for the repeat episodes on the Network have been modest (not uncommon for the Summer), our preliminary research indicates that 23% of the viewers tuning in did not previously watch the show. This adds up to more than two million new viewers for "Jericho."
Just as encouraging, this research shows that one million viewers who left the show after the mid-season hiatus have returned this summer to catch up on the episodes they missed.
We still have a LONG way to go. But, I wanted to share this news and express our continued appreciation for your support of "Jericho." You have quickly and firmly established "Jericho" as the show with the most passionate and vocal fan community on television. Please keep spreading the word.
President, CBS Entertainment
1. Click ( top right of page) on Submit A New Story.
2. Is your story on topic? Make sure your story is appropriate for the topic you're submitting it to.
3.Link Directly to the Source: Save people time by linking directly to the original news story. (Will ask for URL of story)
4.Search First: Avoid duplication by searching to ensure nobody has submitted the same story.
5.Be Descriptive: You're the story's editor, so explain what it is and why it's cool.
Ziki-- Spreading The Word About Jericho
Ziki is a free way to search for information about a person based on published information available on the Web. Or search for a Jericho lover.
You can create a webpage for free (a ziki), on which all personal and relevant information – from a bio and resume to multimedia files and blog posts – can be stored. (Jericho photos)
* These official profiles can be tagged and searched through Ziki and other search engines.
Ziki members are guaranteed to appear in the first position of Google, Yahoo & MSN search results when their name is searched, because Ziki buys sponsored links. Ziki members can create, manage and optimize their online presence while controlling their image. Through Ziki, members can tag favorite community members, allowing them to create their own social, personal or professional networks.
Ziki lets you create an official webpage (a ziki) which is guaranteed to appear as a top search result on Google, Yahoo! and MSN.
Ziki offers its members free networking with other members of the Ziki community – for personal or professional connections.
Ziki lets you compile all your relevant information – links to other social and professional profiles, resumes, blogs, personal Web sites, online portfolios and more.
Whether you’re looking to promote a freelance service, a professional online profile, or a centralized page to share photos, home videos and blog posts with family and friends, Ziki is for you!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Plans continue for the Fan Club. How can you help?
Everyone is invited to share their ideas on how they feel a fan club should be run and the things you would like to see in your club.
The Representatives will collect ideas that are decided upon by their rep board constituents and report them to the Coalition website to be discussed by the Coalition as a whole.
- The Representatives will report back to their original boards with information and decisions on the suggestions proposed by each board. People can also go to watch the process at the Coalition website.
This coalition is for the planning of the fan club and is not a full establishment of the fan club.
Vote for Jericho
You can vote once an hour.
THE JERICHO CHRISTMAS DVD BLITZ
Read all about it here.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
The ratings are very odd this week. First, Nielsen had "technical difficulties" so the Fast Nationals weren't released until today. Secondly, it was reported by numerous people that their affiliates showed a movie instead of Jericho so who knows what the numbers really are?
I am in agreement with savejake who says,
"Don't you think those numbers are odd. It shows that even GW gains another 1/2 million for the end of the show. Then at 9PM all the networks lose several million viewers...only to see them all return at 10PM................???
So, do we turn our TV's on at 8:30, then off at 9, then back on at 10PM?
Is that the normal viewing pattern for our Nielsen Families? They watch only the end of a 60 minute show no matter what channel it's on...just to turn off the TV at 9PM. Then we sit down and watch TV from 10-11PM....on Friday night....!!!!!
Does anyone else find this strange or is it me? Eight to ten million people turned their television off for an hour............. ?"
While we're on the subject of ratings here's an interesting article that discuses the measurement of TV and online viewers and rates the quality and quantity of viewers for shows like Jericho, Lost, and The Black Donnellys. There are excellent charts too. The author says, " The TV ratings system is broken. Everyone knows it, but nobody wants to admit it."
That hits the nail on the head. Wake up Moonves.
Monday, July 23, 2007
1. jerichocoalition.com is NOT the new fan club site. It is where the various representatives will meet to coordinate a fan club.
3. This other board in no way takes anything from the CBS board. Yes, CBS said we need to keep this board active but they also said we have to find new viewers. They did not say to live at CBS. I cannot stay there all day and night and try to spread the word about Jericho at the same time.
"OK folks, the CBS message board gets to have 5 representatives for the Fan Club.
The job of the representatives will be to gather ideas from the members of the CBS board and relay them to the "Coalition of the Willing" Fan Club site. There the ideas will be discussed by the reps from all the different forums.
This way everyone gets a say in what YOU want you fan club to be like. Everyone will have a voice.
Sooo, since no one has opened up nominations for CBS board, I thought I would start. We can each post our nominations here - if we get more than 5 nominees - we will take a vote. The nominations will close on Friday the 27 at midnight.
(already nominated reps from other boards will not be eligible to also be a rep from the CBS board )
You can nominate yourself or another person. All nominations will need to have a second. (and the person needs to accept, lol)
I will keep the list of nominees updated here.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
The annual Comic-Con Convention starts this coming week and Seat42f will be there reporting live from San Diego with multiple updates daily. They will have all the scoop and pics from the the various after hours events shows are putting on as well as TONS of photos, news and cast interviews from the daily panel sessions.
"Which show are you looking for the most Seat42f coverage on at Comic Con?" On the right- please vote for Jericho.
Jericho needs lots more votes!!! Please vote now.
Rubberpoultry's Design Paradise
Get your bumper stickers here
Coloring pages for kids
Vote here for Jericho
Another way to spread the word!!!
coRank is the first service on the net where you can create a site about any topic you like so that:
* Whenever you find something interesting on the net about Jericho (an article, photo, video, etc) you could add it and save it.
* Other people also interested in Jericho can, if you allow it, submit to your site their own "discoveries" about that topic.
* We all can post comments, vote whether we liked each submitted item, etc. And a lot more!!
You don't need a coRank account if all you want is to browse through the stories, sites and comments submitted by other coRank users.